Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009!



Happy New Year! Hope everyone had a safe and happy new year. It's sad to say that we did not make it til midnight, but we did watch the ball drop in New York, that counts in my book as bringing in the New Year even though it's an hour early.

I had my PET scan on Christmas Eve and received the results on Monday and there is no change in regards to any cancer, but there seemed to be some inflammation in my intestine area, not sure if this is due to the chemo or not, but the radiologist noted that a clinical follow-up should be done. I will have to wait until Monday when my doctor is back at the office. I'm sure I will hear then if not I will see him on Wednesday when I have my next chemo, which will just be the Herceptin. Looking forward to only having to be there a couple of hours instead of 4-5 hours.

I'm proud to say that I'm starting to get some fuzz on my head, so far coming in dark and not blonde or red or purple, LOL. Bryan is growing his back out and of course he is leading, but not by far. The kids had a New Year party at daycare and I took a picture of them with their party headbands. Hoping 2009 will continue to bring good results and we keep kicking some cancer butt.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole and family,We are still with you and following every step in hopes that this part of your life will soon be behind you.You sure have a lot of curage that some people wouldn't have.As for the new year,I'll give a toast to you for all you have been through in 2008,and hears hoping the best is yet to come in 2009.Stay strong and God bless you.....C@D.Griffin..

Aunt Brenda said...

Dearest Nicole,
It is always a blessing to read good news. You have been such an amazing wife and mother through the past 4+ months. We pray for continued great results. Stay strong. We love you!
Love,
Aunt Brenda

Linda Schurman said...

Nicole,
So glad to hear your tests came out good. Stay strong and keep the faith!! The pictures of your little boys are great! What a couple of cuties. My pryers are with you.
Love Linda Moding Schurman

Anonymous said...

Nicole & Bryan, we're all praying that 2009 will be the return to good health for Nicole. I love the picture of Brock & Griffin. Love you lots and Happy New Year.
Mom & John