Monday, June 7, 2010

Nicole's Num Num's




I’m long overdue with an update. Life has been so busy and I would not want it any other way. Team Nicole’s Num Nums had another successful year at the Twin Cities Race for the Cure on Mother’s Day. It was an absolutely beautiful day and I am so proud of all of you who were a part of my team and also who donated under my team name. I’m also very proud of my husband for running in the 5K. He was a little leery of doing it last fall, but he was determined and I’m thinking that he will not hesitate when approached with another one in the future. It was exciting to be a part of the survivor ceremony/circle this year as I missed out on this last year since we really did not know what the events were all about. It was inspiring to be among survivors who were many years out with survivorship. We all enjoyed our weekend and even went on some rides at the amusement park in the Mall of America. Griffin showed us that he has absolutely no fear of rides and Brock was brave enough to go on the log ride again this year, but I think that he wishes he didn’t. Last year he went on it with Bryan and said that he would never go on it again as it was very scary, but he must have forgot. LOL.

In regards to my health, all is going well. I met with my oncologist in March and had lab work done. Everything came out within normal ranges. I have “graduated” to seeing him every 3 months instead of 2. I guess that one would call this a milestone in the cancer journey. I will see him again at the end of June and we will do another round of lab work then too. Anxiety will soon hit again during this time as I await my lab results. Crossing my fingers all will continue to go good as I have had an awesome response so far to the drugs that I am currently taking and cannot complain too much about the side effects. I have also recently followed up with some tests for the mass that was found on my pituitary gland since diagnosis. I will have an appointment with the endocrinologist this week to go over the MRI and lab work results. Thinking nothing but good thoughts of it not changing and all lab work on this comes back normal as well. She did not think it was of a concern last year, but wanted to do a follow up to make sure.

Our family made some memories a couple of weeks ago, as we went to visit my grandparents in south Texas. This was the first time the boys flew on an airplane and also seeing the Gulf of Mexico or ocean, I call it, while we stayed at South Padre Island for a couple of days. My mom and Aunt Sandy joined us on our trip and we all had fun and enjoyed our visit. Griffin was sick the last two days we were there, but not sick enough to go on the golf cart that my grandparents have to ride around in the mobile home park they live in. I think that was more of a hit then seeing the ocean. Summer is already upon us and looking forward to enjoying it and making every moment last. Hope you enjoy the pictures.


My wonderful sister in law Stacie and I


Bryan and Nephew Taylor


My cousins Paige, Anaya and I


My Mom and I


Sea of Pink






Bryan and I on beach (Brock took this picture, I think he did a pretty good job)


Griffin having a ball on the beach and in the ocean


Brock and Great Grandma Homewood at zoo


Brock searching for the perfect seashell


Griffin and I enjoying the ocean (actually I was chasing him most of the time)


Brock feeding the hungry seagulls crackers


The boys and I


My Grandparents, Aunt Sandy and I


Bryan and Griffin on beach


Brock and Griffin

1 comment:

Aunt Brenda said...

Dearest Nicole,
Great news on your updates. Glad to hear you had a super time with your grandparents!
Love you,
Brenda