Monday, September 21, 2009

Team Fight Like a Girl

I am happy to report that everything was normal with my scans and there were no concerns this time around. My MUGA scan was a bit lower then last time with a score of 63%, but still above the 50% that we want to be at. The CT scan showed the same liver lesion that was seen before, no change in size and some air that was still in my abdominal cavity from my surgery. The surgery went well. I just have a little tenderness here and there. It seems that I am starting to get more hot flashes, but I will have to learn to deal with that. The biopsy report from my ovaries was that they were normal, functional ovaries with cysts. I am now on Femera, which is a hormonal drug that I take orally everyday. I will continue with the Hercepitn every 3 weeks. My bloodwork was good as well, platelets a little low, but nothing to be too concerned about. My tumor marker was 16.4, so that is in the normal range as well. Looks like the drugs continue to do the job on keeping the cancer away.

I would like to invite everyone to join team Fight Like a Girl for a breast cancer walk in St. Cloud on Saturday, October 10th. Here is the link to register and I require everyone who wants to walk to donate $10.00 and also to ask family and friends for donations as I have a team goal of $100.00, but I think that we should have no trouble meeting that goal. If you are unable to join us, you can donate to the team and that will go towards our goal, even if it's only $5.00 every little bit helps. Here is the link and I hope it is easy to register or donate.

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?sid=55931&type=fr_informational&pg=informational&fr_id=20209


Also if you would like to purchase some Fight Like a Girl apparel here is the link for that.

http://www.signifypromotions.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=PINK

I couldn't get the link to copy right so just highlight the website, copy & paste it in the address bar.

4 comments:

Aunt Brenda said...

Dearest Nicole,
It is so good to hear such great news. It was great seeing you and the boys during the weekend. Keep up the fight! Stay strong.
Love,
Aunt Brenda

Anonymous said...

Dear Nicole and Family, We are so glad to hear everything went well for you on your surgury and all your tests. You are a walking miracle girl, so keep on kicking cancers butt! And trust in Him. Take care and always remember you are in our prayers. Lov C & D Griffin

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JugonTrucks said...

Que bonico el Baby