Friday, February 5, 2010

A Perfect 2010 so Far

I have started the New Year with an excellent report. I had a PET scan in January and there was no evidence of disease, or the way I word it is that NED is still my BFF (best friend forever). In addition to my great PET scan, I also had my best tumor marker result yet, which was 13. I could not ask for a better way to start off 2010, except if the Minnesota Vikings would have gone to the Super Bowl, but oh well. I had to throw that one in. The rest of my labs were good as well. Now I can rest and not worry until my next round of labs, which will be at the end of March. I’m suspecting that my next scan will be in May unless something is of a concern between now and then. I get very anxious and irritable each time I have to have labs and scans as reality sets in for me that yes I do have an incurable disease, but I must think nothing but positive and that my outcome will be nothing but the best news. It’s like a rollercoaster ride; I have my ups and downs. But of course who doesn’t have those moments in life. But thanks to my awesome support system, they see me through those going down times and that helps me get back to the top again:-) What would I ever do without all of you?
The boys are growing like crazy. Griffin is almost 18 months and still not talking much but is a master at nonverbal communication. At least he can communicate with us one way or the other and we can meet his needs for the most part. Brock is starting to be a great helper with caring for his little brother when needed and becoming still so inquisitive every day. He enjoyed a day ice fishing with dad on the big Mille Lacs Lake, his choice. He enjoys watching the fish on the camera and of course reeling them in. We all enjoyed a nice weekend with my side of the family in Minneapolis last weekend. We did some window shopping, eating and swimming at the pool. The boys enjoyed that part of the weekend the best. Good exercise for all. Looking forward to spring and noticing that daylight is becoming longer and longer everyday so we are getting there slowly. I’ve attached some pictures for you to enjoy.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie and strongest of the majority of most women,
Thanks for the official update and yes you will always be in my prayers and dreams for positive outcomes as the battle against this monster continues. Love you Coco. Keep up the great work with those littles ones. I'm looking forward to the walk in May with Team Nicole!
Auntie Sandy

Aunt Brenda said...

Dearest Nicole,
Bless you! You are such an amazing and inspiring young woman. As you know, my prayers are with you each and every day. You have such a beautiful family. Your boys are precious. Can't wait to see you again. Stay strong, sweetheart! We love you very much!
Love,
Aunt Brenda

Anonymous said...

Nicole and Family, Thanks so much for the great up date,we were wondering about you,as we think of you and your familly often.Your boys are awsome and oh so cute! You and your family have always and will continue to be in our prayers.You are so strong and you have come a long way baby, keep your head up and trust in him. Lov always Crot & Doris Griffin

courtneyb said...

I think of you often; it is great to hear good news! Keep up the great fight, you are an amazing girl, Nicole! Praying for more and more encouraging reports. And... maybe next year for the Vikes, huh? We can hope!
Courtney B