Wednesday, April 15, 2009

All is Good

I received my results back today from my MRI and my ultrasound. My MRI showed that everything was normal except I have a pituitary apoplexy. The definition of this is an infarction or hemorrhage of the pituitary gland in the presence of a pituitary adenoma. This was also on my MRI back in August, but I suppose with everything else that was going on, this was the least of their worries. I am having my thyroid checked to make sure that it is in normal range and I guess we will go from there, but nothing serious. My ultrasound dictation was not all the way complete when she called me about my MRI, but it was noted that it was a cyst on my left ovary. I'm very relived that everything was good. I do have to admit I was a little irritable this morning thinking about my results. I figured everything would be good, but there is that little voice in me that worries. I think that I will always have that no matter what. It's called canceritis. Wondering if an ache is just an ache or a headache is just a headache. At least I have medical technology to keep me at ease.

3 comments:

Aunt Brenda said...

Dearest Nicole,
Praise God for your good results! Stay strong and know we surround you with our love!
Love ya,
Aunt Brenda

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is well!God Bless you and your Familly,Nicole Keep up the good work,Kicking Cancers Butt!!!!!!Lov C & D Griffin

Aunt Brenda said...

Hi Nicole,
Happy Mother's Day! I hope you have a great day during your walk for the cure! Stay strong! We love you.
Love ya,
Aunt Brenda