Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Make Cancer Your.......

Well I have chemo #5 tomorrow. Can't wait to get these next two over with. It's just no fun when you start to feel good and then you have to start all over again. During this last week I have been kind of eating a lot, I told myself I'm going to enjoy food when I can. I just hope I can enjoy a Thanksgiving dinner and have an appetite and good taste buds, have to wait and see. Maybe we will have to celebrate a week later.

I will also have my bloodwork done tomorrow, and we will find out on Thursday what my tumor markers will be at. Let's pray that they are in the normal range and we can all celebrate!

If you are wondering about my title of my blog entry, I have to tell you the story about it and I hope none of you are offended. When my favorite uncle, Brian, (just a note he's all the nieces and nephews favorite uncle because at times he's just a kid himself and the winner of Best Anderson Kid for the last 5 years, I think), anyways when he found out about my diagnosis he called me said "Make Cancer Your Bitch", so I have taken his advice and making cancer my bitch. My aunt Sandy also bought me a hat that has this on it, so it has become one of my many mottos through this journey. You have to add humor and laughter to bad situations and in general to everyday life because I think it helps dealing with it.

I hope to update on Thursday with my results of my tests. And as always I appreciate all the comments, it's so nice hearing from all of you as you help me conquer this. I will try to get some recent pictures of the boys posted. Griffin is getting so big. He enjoys his big brother. It's so cute when Brock talks to Griffin, Griffin smiles and giggles, he will definitely be looking up to his older brother.

6 comments:

Aunt Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aunt Brenda said...

Dearest Nicole,
I pray that your chemo treatment doesn't leave you feeling terrible. I appreciate your motto - keep the great attitude. Stay strong - we love you.
Love ya,
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Dear Nicole, Good luck to you with your next tests I hope everything goes well and you don't get to feeling bad over thanksgiving,you need to enjoy that turkey dinner.Your motto is great,I realized last year that life is to short to worry about what everybody else thinks,live life to its fullest because life is now.And no one knows better than you that cancer is a bitch,right .Good luck I'll be waiting to hear about your tests.Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless you and your family. love C&D Griffin

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie,
I am happy that no.five is over with and sure pray it doesn't leave you a lot of ill effects. I had tried to call you last weekend and you must of been out having a good time with your family. Good for you. I know you will be looking for your mom this weekend and celebrate her birthday. I wish I was there to help you celebrate and take care of you, but to cold for old grandma up there. We love you and our prayers stay with you every day.
Grandma and Roger

Stacie said...

Nicole,
Hope you're feeling well today. Can't wait to hear the news on your tumor markers!
Love,
Stacie

Anonymous said...

Hello Nic-

We're still praying that your markers are getting lower or GONE would be good too!
I hope you're feeling as good as can be expected. I would love to take the boys sometime soon so you can have some quality time with your hubby or just by yourself too! Let me know.
Love your MOTTO! Don't worry about what anyone thinks of it. This blog is for YOU and your process of making cancer your bitch!! If people don't like it, then they don't have to read it!! Simple as that! So NO apologizing on here!!! Got it? Again, please call me if you need anything (cooking, cleaning, watching kiddos, or just to talk) I'm right down the road if you need anything!
Amy