Saturday, August 23, 2008

500 Laps?

Today was kind of a down day for Nicole. She said it all when she said "It isn't fair". It's a pretty sure bet that those words have been spoken by all of us this past week, repeatedly. She has every right to have days and thoughts like that but my hope for her is that they will be few and far between. Physically, she is feeling well-just a little sore from the liver biopsy.

The kids and I stopped over this evening. We ordered pizza and then watched a NASCAR race. I have to admit I've never really watched a race for more than a few minutes and was surprised to see that they drive around that track 500 times! And they televise the whole thing! Nicole said a woman from work believes guys watch NASCAR so they have an excuse to take a nap. I think I agree (no offense to the fans out there)!

Here are some cute pictures of Griffin from tonight.



Taylor, Claire, Brock & Bryan watching the race
The next update will probably be Monday evening so until then pray that chemo goes well and that the side-effects are tolerable. Pray also that this combination of drugs will be very effective at killing the cancer cells.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be a fighter Nicole & beat the odds. Stay as strong as you can & positive. Enjoy every moment with your precious baby & family. From what I hear you have a very supportive family & there are a lot of people praying for you. Take advantage of friends & family that's what they are for. You will always be in my prayers. You are a HERO!
God Bless,
Shannon (friend/neighbor of Stacie)

Anonymous said...

Nicole, I have been keeping up on you through Uncle John and Aunt Cheri--you are a remarkable young lady--we are all praying for you and sending the best of wishes your way. The pictures of your family are beautiful!! Take care & God Bless--The White's (your Branson cousins)

Anonymous said...

I want to say to you Stacey of how proud I am of you for being so supportive of Bryan and Nicole. It takes courage beyond belief to do what you are doing here. No more than I had to do for both of my parents. Good job.

Bryan and Nicole you need to be stronger than ever and hold on to each other through the hard times, remember the good and take the bad.

Sometimes we don't understand why we are not suppose to. God knows our hearts, hopes,desires. Reach to him in times of destress and he will give you the answers.

You both have two wonderful boys to share your time with and enjoy and they are a great gift.

Nicole I say to you be strong,keep your chin up and hopes high. May this time go fast for you. May things turn out o.k. for you.

Bryan you are part of this too. You be strong and enjoy your Son's they are just wonderful. Remember that I think of both you and Nicole. I wish both of you the very best with this in every way shape and form possible.

Remember all of you kids that I am your Aunt and that I may not get to see you that much but I do think of all of you guys and that you all are in my prayers.

Aunt Sandy (Brandon and Charlie)