Monday, August 25, 2008

Prosper

Chemo #1 is done. I spoke briefly with Bryan and he said it went fine. Nicole's mom and grandparents were up as well and are now on their way home. The liver biopsy did come back positive for cancer which is what the oncologist expected. The next appointment with him is in 3 weeks. After 2 or 3 chemo treatments (each being 3 weeks apart), she will have another scan to make sure it's working.

Bryan was joking that tonight will be only the second time they have been alone at the house without extra people since Griffin was born 15 days ago. What a great example of how loved and supported they are but it will be great for them to get back into somewhat of a "normal" routine!
Keep the prayers coming. God is still in the miracle business!

Here is a verse for today:

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future."

(As a side note, prosper is defined as thrive, flourish or to be successful)

7 comments:

Duane Parkinson said...

Nicole - I'm a new employee with USWS, but I want you to know that you and your whole family are in our thoughts and our prayers.

Duane and Rhonda Parkinson
St. Charles, Missouri

Anonymous said...

Nicole,

I wanted to drop you a note to let you know that Anne and I are thinking of you and your family during this difficult time. We hope you make a full recovery! LIVE STRONG.

Kevin Hines

Anonymous said...

Nicole,

Just wanted to let you know that i am praying for you. You are a strong woman, you can beat this, stay positive and fight. You have 2 sweet, wonderful boys to keep you going and a great husband and so many friends and family that love you.
Our God is awesome, he will heal you, lean on him for strength and comfort.

Kristal (friend of Tom and Tangy's)

Anonymous said...

Nicole

I wanted to let you know that you are in my families thoughts and prayers. You are such a strong woman and I know you can fight this. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Gabe, Tenille & Carter Hermanson

Anonymous said...

CoCo,
Through out the day I'm praying for you to stay strong and positive. I pray to Jesus to wrap his arms around you when you feel vulnerable and unsure. Miss you much and looking forward to an upcoming visit!!!
Love,
Auntie Sandy

MARCIE said...

Stacie, my heart is so touched by what you are writing and my prayers go out to you, your sister and family. (Polly's mom)

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie
Thinking of you and hope the night goes better and even a better tomorrow. We love you.
grandma & grandpa H.