Friday, August 22, 2008

He Will Quiet You With His Love...

4 weeks ago Bryan & Nicole fulfilled one of their dreams and bought a boat. Not just any boat but a nice, big pontoon. One that was big enough for the whole extended family. We were all so excited and couldn't wait to spend the next day out on the lake fishing. The sun was shining, the toddlers were on their best behavior, and we even caught quite a few fish! Ok, they were little fish, but still fish. Nicole was miserably pregnant but our baby predictions kept her amused. My brothers, sister-in-laws, husband and myself felt like life couldn't get any better.


2 weeks later, the clouds started rolling in. The sky began rumbling. We prayed it would quickly blow over but, instead, it opened up and poured. Today I keep thinking back to that day and how carefree life was. I'm glad we had it.


But, this storm will pass.


I am counting on many more of those sunny days next summer. But next time I'm decorating the pontoon with balloons & banners. I'm making tons of cupcakes and we're having a victory celebration with Nicole as our guest of honor! I hope every one of her family members and friends will join her (although we'll have to take turns on the boat):)



Enough of my emotional rambling and on to the real update. Nicole had her liver biopsy this morning. It went well but she had to lie on her right side for over 3 hours straight afterwards which really sucked! Bryan's mom & stepdad are up for the weekend and Nicole's mom & grandma will be coming on Sunday (sorry if I missed anyone). Bryan & Nicole were soooo appreciative to learn that Bryan's coworkers have donated 5 weeks of vacation time for him to use and more may be coming. I know all the support they are receiving means so much-the phone calls, flowers, help with the boys and prayers. I've seen Nicole read the cards that have been sent and they always bring tears to her eyes.


Lastly, although I'm not a theologian, this verse has been playing in my head for the past few days:



Zephaniah 3:17

The LORD your God is with you,

he is mighty to save.

He will take great delight in you,

he will quiet you with his love,

he will rejoice over you with singing



The battle is on. Monday at 9 a.m. She is a fighter and she is going to beat this.

1 comment:

Aunt Brenda said...

Nicole,
As I read the blogs I keep reminding myself of the determined young woman you are. You have so much to fight for and so many people supporting you. I think of you as a little girl - you would never let anyone or anything get in your way. As I watched you grow up from afar - you continued to build that strength, determination, and perseverance. As a young woman, you still hold those special qualities which guide you through this stage of your life. We are here for you, praying for you, supporting you, and loving you. All my love,
Aunt Brenda