Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Do Not Let Your Hearts Be Troubled

Nicole is now the proud owner of a wig! Luckily she doesn't need it yet but she is set once she does. She also received a lot of tips about other ways to cover her head including how to make a turban out of a polo shirt.


Her labs were great again yesterday other than her ANC. It actually went down a little but they expect it to quickly begin rising soon. One of her liver tests was elevated last week but this week it dropped down by over 100 points into the normal range. I think that is such a positive sign! Tomorrow is her bone scan and lumbar MRI.


Emotionally, Nicole has been having some "down" days this week. Postpartum hormones add a whole other dimension. It's not constant but sneaks up on her throughout the day. She has every right to feel this way and I know it is part of the healing process, but it breaks my heart. It isn't fair that she has to worry about anything other than how many times she'll have to get up with Griffin tonight, or if Brock is adjusting to the big brother role. I know that as time passes it will get easier, but sometimes as we are standing in the thick of it, it's impossible to see. Continue to pray for peace, happiness, hope and clarity. Pray for Bryan as I'm sure he experiences much of the same feelings.


Nicole's Grandma H. sent her a prayer shawl made by some of her fellow church members. She was wearing it earlier today and Brock came up and sat on her lap. He asked if it made her feel better. She told him yes. He asked if he could wear it to make his bee sting feel better (he was stung on the foot last Friday). What a cutie!

John 14:27

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
~Jesus

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey, this is your mom trying to type you a little note to tell you how proud I am of you and your determination to fight this ugly battle. I know you will win because you have been through alot of hard times and came out great. I encourage you to continue to ask questions, get involve with your care and treatments and read all you can about what you are up against. Knowledge is a positive step. I admire your ability to smile and laugh when so many changes are being made in your life. I love you very much and I'm here for you always. Love Mom

Aunt Brenda said...

Nicole,
I am so glad to hear that you had good tests results. God is here for you, guiding you, watching over you, and healing you. Stay strong. I hope Brock's bee sting is better. Give the boys hugs and kisses. We love you!
Love you much,
Aunt Brenda

Anonymous said...

Hi young woman with a beautiful smile,
I'm praying for positives today as you have further testing. Good or not so good you will have the fortitude to continue this war waging within. Although fear creeps in at times you have a way with your bright out look to sweep those creepy crawlers under a heavy rug. The sun will shine brightly in your eyes because you have the love of Jesus wrapped all around you to fill you with warmth and peace. I love you.
Auntie Sandy

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie,
We sure think and pray for you each day. People in the park ask about you and are praying too. Wonder how your test were today, Were they rough test to take? sure hope not.
It looks now like IKE is going to miss us, we will be thankful for that. Makes everyone a bit uneasy.
Cute story about the prayer shawl and happy you use it and think of all the love and prayers put in it.
Thanks Stacie for the blog, love it. Grandma H.

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know you are on our minds constantly only praying for healing and complete recovery. You have so much to show and educate this world and those who will go on with the same thing you are going through, those even younger than you who are seeking a mentor. I know you want what others are going through to have a purpose so push it sweetie, you have the fortitude or not to do it. You and all of us want a reason for you to have to go through this besides bad genetics. It's a very tough road beyond words at this point but you Nicole have never ever ceased to amaze me and that's the the truth.

Love ME,
A. Sandy

Anonymous said...

Nicole- I do not you that well but when I did meet you and I can see that you are a very strong bubbly person with so much love and caring ability with you. We are going to show this for you as well. We are all praying for you and we send our love as a Team here at US water and from my family to yours. Be strong things will all work out for the best. Keep smiling and keep strong thoughts. I have two friend of mine in bowling that have gone thru this and there are doing wonderful now and they mentioned to stay strong and keep good positive thoughts. Your a great person. We are here for you.
Love your friend Francie