Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Lord is Near

Nicole is feeling much better than last time I updated. On Friday, she even made her first "public appearance" with her newly bald head. She wore a hat to the park and while running a few errands with her mom and boys. It wasn't nearly as bad as she had anticipated! Linda left yesterday and I know Nicole loved having her help.

Poor little Griffin has been dealing with a skin infection that has gone into his ear. Bryan brought him in to the doctor's office on Thursday night and they put him on an antibiotic and ear drops. It sounds like the swelling and redness in his ear have gone down quite a bit so the medicine must be working. He is still up about every 3 hours at night but hopefully once his ear is completely healed, he will start sleeping for longer stretches.

Tomorrow is back to St.Cloud for weekly labs. I'll update when I hear the results from Nicole.

This is one of my favorite group of verses. I think it's a great reminder to all of us no matter what our circumstances.
Philipians 4:4-7
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus

2 comments:

Aunt Brenda said...

Dearest Nicole,
I am so happy to read you are feeling better and going on outings. What wonderful news. I am sorry little Griffin isn't feeling well. Hopefully, the medicine will take care of his rash. Stay strong and believe in the power of God. I know he is listening to our prayers. We love you so much.
Love ya,
Aunt Brenda

Anonymous said...

Coco,
Spectacular to learn you are out and about. Find the positives whenever possible and soak up the love your family has for you. Not a day goes by that you aren't on my mind and with that the prayers for healing continue. Hang tough and show that beautiful smile to this ole world of ours.
With a whole lotta love,
Sandy the other Auntie