Friday, October 17, 2008

Back Home

Back home again, yeah!! I was discharged from the hospital this morning and it felt good to come home, although I have to admit I had a good hospital stay with wonderful care from all the staff and my student nurse from good ole SCSU was great. Keep up the good work Trisha!!

They are still thinking that I had a bladder infection and so far my blood cultures have been negative. They will continue to monitor them for the next couple of days. My blood work was okay today, my hemoglobin is the lowest it has been 9.2, but that could be due to having so much fluids pumped into me, so hoping that it will bounce back up. I feel good and not weak, so it isn't affecting me too bad.

Bryan did great with me gone and taking care of the boys. My mom came up on Wednesday night to help out, which we were thankful for that and happy to have her, but wish that it was under different circumstances of course.

I wanted to let everyone know about a movie that will be on Lifetime tomorrow night Saturday the 18th, at 8 pm. It's called Living Proof and it's about the oncologist who got the drug Herceptin, which is the chemo drug that I will be on for a year, on the market. Many say this is the miracle drug for many breast cancer survivors who are Her-2 positive. When I met with my oncologist the 2nd time, I asked him in regards to being Her-2 positive, which affects 1 out 3 women with breast cancer, if it was a good thing or bad because I knew having the Her-2 protein makes your breast cancer more aggressive then being negative. His response was 10 years ago I would have told you your prognosis is not good, but today with the drug Herceptin, your survival rate is 50% greater, so that was very promising to hear. So I'm looking forward to watching this movie and hope you will all tune in as well.

Thanks again for all the comments and cards I enjoy hearing from all of you and appreciate all the prayers. And in response to my Uncle Dave's comment, I wish I had been drinking Boone's, at least I would have a good excuse for getting sick in my car, but oh well. I don't think that you will get best kid this year because you admitted that you got sick in the car from drinking, naughty, naughty.

2 comments:

Aunt Brenda said...

Dearest Nicole,
It was wonderful talking to you last night. Hearing your positive voice it uplifting to us all. You are such a trooper. I am so glad you are home and feeling better. Stay strong. We love you.
Love,
Aunt Brenda

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with you and we are following you all the way.And you surely have a great person watching over you from up above.Keep up the good work.Kickin butt! Crotty and Doris Griffin