Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Oh It's Good to be Back

I had an excellent day back at work and it was felt soooo good to be back. My office was decorated with pink balloons, streamers and a beautiful bouquet of flowers, thanks to my wonderful co-workers. Many came to visit to see how I was doing and glad to see me back, which made me happy. I just can't thank everyone enough for all the support you are all showing, it helps me so much.

Brock and Griffin also had an excellent day at daycare. Brock had no problems getting up to go. I was a little worried about him since he was getting so used to getting up later then normal, but he was excited to go back to Valerie's. All the kids were at the door when we arrived to welcome us back. When I came to pick up the boys Valerie commented on what a good baby Griffin was and she had no problems. A sigh of relief for me. Makes the transition back much easier.

I have my PET scan and a MRI on my kidney done tomorrow, so praying for good results. I think that we will definitely see the tumors going down in size with the results of the tumor markers from 2 weeks ago. My blood work was good on Monday. My platelets were up from last week, but my hemoglobin was down a bit, but nothing that a steak or hamburger can't fix. The Neulasta shot that I got to keep my ANC's up is working still, so thankful for that. Overall I'm feeling really good and looking forward to my next appointment with the oncologist on Monday to see how many of those nasty cancer cells we put to death! Enjoying all your comments and appreciate all the the prayers you are sending, I think they're working, so keep them coming.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Nicole,
I will be thinking of you as you wait for your PET scan and MRI today and I am positive they will reveal good news for you. Keep believing and stay strong. I love you and miss you. MOM

Anonymous said...

Nicole,
It was really nice seeing you yesterday and just so you know you looked great.Good luck with your tests today.
Laura :)

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie,
praying the test all go ok today, and feel God is with you each min.
So happy your first day to work and boys first day to day care went well. You have a wonderful group of people to work with the way it sounds. We love you and pray and think of you so often.
Grandma H.

Anonymous said...

Nicole,
Glad to see how great you look and seem to enjoy your work. Family and friends are great support. Hope you have the best of luck with your tests.
Keep smiling.
Marcia

Aunt Brenda said...

Dearest Nicole,
What wonderful news to hear about your first day back to work. I am so happy that the boys had a great day at daycare. That is very reassuring for you and Bryan. We are so appreciative of your co-workers and how supportive they have been to you. But, when there is such commited employee like you, anyone would be fortunate to have you on their team. We are praying for more great news on your tests today. Stay strong, Nicole. We love you!
Love,
Aunt Brend