Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Unexpected Hospital Visit

Last night Nicole and I went to a class for women going through chemo. It taught them how to apply makeup and some neat things to do with hats and scarves. It was really fun.

On the way home, Nicole started vomiting. By 10pm she had a fever of 102 and felt very weak, shaky and continued to throw-up. I met them at Fairview ER in Princeton around midnight. They ran labs, did a chest x-ray and took a urine sample. By the time I left at 4:45am, her fever was up to 103. Her UA did show a bladder infection but her x-ray was clear and labs looked pretty good. They admitted her to continue IV antibiotics most likely until Friday. They took blood cultures and want to be sure they are negative before letting her leave.

The boys were with us too and I have some cute Brock stories to put on here but will have to do so later when I have more time. Pray for negative blood cultures and for her fever to subside. I'll update more later today.

6 comments:

Aunt Brenda said...

Dearest Nicole,
I am so sorry to hear you got so sick. I pray that your hospital stay will take care of your infection and you can be home soon. Stay strong! We love you!
Love,
Aunt Brenda

kquigley said...

Nicole,
I hope you are feeling better soon. Let me know if you need anything.
Kristy, Tanner and Conner.

georgiaholewa said...

Hey Nicole,
Just to let you know I am thinking and praying for you and your family. Take care and I hope you get to come home soon.
Your Buddy from Foley Georgia

Anonymous said...

Nicole,

Sorry to hear you got sick, know that we are all praying for you and hope you come home soon and feel better. Thinking and praying for you often.

Blessings to you,
Kristal

Unknown said...

CoCO,
Are you sure you weren't drinking Boones Farm wine? That stuff use to make me throw up in a car at night. Anyway, hope you are feeling well soon and we are always thinking of you.

Uncle Dave (Best Kid 2008 Anderson Family)

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you haven't been feeling well, but I am really glad to hear how all of the tests have been coming back. God sure is WONDERFUL and can do some amazing things! Just look at those two beautiful boys you have! Take care and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Cathy O