Thursday, October 23, 2008

Follow Up

Wow, can you believe it I've made it to work four days in a row! I think that I will be able to accomplish a 40 hour work week. I had my follow up appointment yesterday from my hospitalization. The doctor took a urine sample and everything was normal, so the antibiotics must have done the trick. I will have chemo #4 on Wednesday, the 29th. Hoping I'm feeling okay on Halloween, so I can go with Brock trick or treating. Grandma Linny (my mom) will be here to help out for that weekend. Just when I start to feel good again I will have to start over, but I am halfway done for the intense chemo drugs. Praying that the next 3 will be no different then the previous treatments and they continue to kill the cancer cells. I will get my tumor marker blood test done again on Wednesday, so I'm looking forward to seeing where that is reading at, maybe it will be in normal range or close to normal.

I got a kick out of Brock yesterday when I went to my appointment, he was asking if the doctor spoke like Donald Duck. On Tuesday I took Griffin to see the dermatologist (Dr. McCormick for all you Gaul Dermatology girls) to help with his dermatitis and he likes to talk to kids like Donald Duck. So now Brock must think that all the doctors can talk like Donald Duck, what a card he is.

I've been wearing my PINK "doo rag" the last couple of days at work, my wig is getting to be very itchy. I don't mind wearing it for a short period of time, but after awhile it gets annoying. I have been thinking about going to go get another wig with a different style and color. I have never colored my hair before, so maybe when it does come back I will be bold and start experimenting instead of being plain and boring. See cancer can change a person to do things that before I did not think much to do. Don't worry mom I won't get a tattoo quite yet. LOL!

2 comments:

Aunt Brenda said...

Dearest Nicole,
You never cease to surprise us. Your spunk and sense of humor defines you!!! I love the note to your mom about the tatoo. Go for it! You would be beautiful with any hair color and style. I hope your treatment goes well next week. Stay strong! We love you.
Love ya,
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Hey Coco if you get a tattoo can I get one with you!!!!?????
Auntie S.

Cheering you on for normal cancer marking tests next week.