Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Chemo Buddy

I am going to hijack Nicole's blog back for a quick post. Today was chemo day and I got to be Nicole's "chemo buddy"! I just have to say what a beautiful, well-organized facility Coburn Cancer Center is. The staff was so friendly and right there anytime the IV pump started beeping. We got settled in around 9:30am and were finished by 1:45pm. The time flew by as we enjoyed magazines, lunch and lots of intriguing conversation. Ok, maybe it wouldn't be all that intriguing to anyone else, but it sure was fun! Nicole also had a lot of people wondering where the baby was. Brock and Griffin stayed at daycare today since Nicole also had her postpartum check-up after chemo.

Once I was in the van on the way home, I was laughing to myself about Nicole and her wig. It is really a great wig and you honestly can't tell it's not her hair. By the end of her treatment I think it was starting to itch. So she would grab it by the edges and wiggle it around her scalp to scratch. I started thinking that would be hilarious to do out in public-people would definitely be taking second (and third) looks! I can be so easily amused sometimes.

Anyway, I was soooo excited to hear about Nicole's PET scan results! I was expecting shrinking tumors but to hear it was undetectable was nothing short of a miracle. It does happen in stage 4 but usually after many treatments and medication changes. For many, they can keep the tumors stable but will never see them completely gone. These results are the absolute best case scenario. I know your prayers were the impetus behind this great healing. Keep them up. He hears them all.

One last thing-if you're not sure who is posting what, check at the bottom of each entry and the "author of the day" will be listed.

1 comment:

Aunt Brenda said...

Dearest Nicole,
It sounds like you had wonderful company during your treatment yesterday. I am so happy you have family so close. It was comforting to hear that all went well. I pray you don't have discomforting side effects from your treatment. I visited with your mother-in-law yesterday and am sending a care package! Stay strong and feel our arms wrapped around you.
Love ya,
Aunt Brenda