Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I've been meaning to update a couple of days ago, but it's been a busy couple of days. I had my 4th chemo treatment on Wednesday. My blood work was great, but my blood pressure was a little low, so they ran a liter of fluid during my infusion. It was a long day on Wednesday due to the pharmacy going live on their new software program, so they were a couple of hours behind. Bryan and I were ready to go home by the end of the day. Stacie, Brad and Noah (Bryan's sister's husband and son) came to visit us for a little while on Wednesday and entertained us. Brock and Griffin went to Uncle Shawn and Aunt Erin's house for the day and enjoyed playing with their cousins. It is so nice that they live only a few miles from the clinic that I go to.

On Thursday, I had to get my Neulasta shot and my blood pressure was much better. My tumor marker was at 61.5 after 3 chemo treatments, so it continues to go down, which we keep praying for. I hope it is <38 next time.

I will be having a MUGA scan on the 11th of November. They need to monitor my heart function every 3 months due to the Herceptin that I am on, since it can be damaging to the heart. Praying that my heart remains strong and we can continue with the "miracle" drug Hercepitn, since this is what is helping with my excellent response to the treatments.

My mom came up for the weekend to help out and we took Brock out trick or treating. He had fun with his mom and Grandma Linny. I will post pictures later of both boys in their costumes. Hope you all had a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

4 comments:

Aunt Brenda said...

Dearest Nicole,
I am so happy to hear your week was successful and you were able to take the boys trick-or-treating. We are praying that your upcoming tests go well and you continue to heal. Stay strong. We love you!
Love ya,
Aunt Brenda

Stacie said...

I'm excited to see your tumor marker dropping even lower! I hope you are feeling better than last time. Hurry up and get those costume pics up of the boys! Email them to me if you want help.

Love you guys,
Stacie

Anonymous said...

Four down and two to go Nicole! We continue to be amazed by your strength and energy. Just taking care of a new baby and 3 year old can wear you out and you're taking chemo and still working. You truly are a wonder woman.
Love You - Mom & John

Anonymous said...

Nicole,We pray that your next tests are as good as these were.We can hardly wait to see the boys in their costums,Crotty and I are praying for your continued health and with hopes that you will soon be putting this stage of your life behind you.Be strong and remember you are in gods hands. God Bless and Take care,your boys are so precious! Love Crotty & Doris