Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Continued Drop in Tumor Markers

I had my appointment with the oncologist on Monday and he was very happy with my response to the chemotherapy that I'm receiving. We went over the first PET scan with the tumors that were lit up and then we went over the second scan and sure enough, they have all disappeared. It was nice to finally see the scans with my own two eyes. It's so amazing how your body can respond so quickly. I feel so fortunate that it is in my case because I read about many women where they chemo does not respond and they have to go to plan B. I am also thankful to have such an awesome oncologist who know what he is doing and is staying on top of everything.

I had my bloodwork done yesterday as well. My hemoglobin stayed about the same, so will have to try to get some iron in me. My ANC's and WBC stayed the same, but my platelets went way up in 320's, so I was happy about that. I was getting worried a couple of weeks ago when they kept going down and down and not going back up. I also had my tumor marker ran again. This will be done everytime before my next chemo and that was at 99.2, so it's still going down. YEAH!!! The normal range is <38.

I have my third chemo tomorrow and Stacie will be going with me, hopefully she won't be too bored. My mother-in-law, Cheri is coming up on Friday to help out for the weekend, expecting my bad day or days to be Saturday and Sunday, what a wonderful way to spend my weekend,hopefully it will be cold and rainy, so I won't miss out on a nice weekend. I will continue to have the Neulasta shot and that will be given to me on Thursday. The other good news that the oncologist gave me on Monday is that since I had a good response to that as well I will only need to go for my bloodwork on the day of my chemo, unless of course I have a concern. So I will only need to go to St. Cloud every three weeks instead of every week.

Back to work today and daycare for the boys. Brock is trying to get back into the normal routine again, but hopefully in another week or so it will get better. Griffin is sleeping much better throughout the night, he wakes up twice now and the second time is usually a hour before we need to get up to go to work, so Bryan and I are getting sleep at night in 4 to 5 hour periods, which is better then 2-3 hour periods. I can not believe how attentive he is at nearly two months. He's a smiley baby just as Brock was, that must mean that he likes us. Although Bryan thinks that he is more of a mommy's boy then a daddy's boy, but that's okay with me.

Thanks for all the recent comments and cards that I have been receiving in the mail. It's good to hear from some of you whom I have not talk to in a long time. I love hearing from you all and I feel bad that I can not respond to all of you individually, so at least with this I can tell you all at once that I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so very soothing to hear great news from you about you and your kicking cancer butt war!! You are a very striking woman with no hair. I like the photo Brock took very much.
Keep smiling, it suites you well.
LOVE A. Sandy

Aunt Brenda said...

Nicole,
I hope your week goes as well as the past ones have. You are so amazing to be going through cancer treatments, taking care of your 3 guys and working. The great news is so reassuring. Stay strong!
Love ya,
Brenda